Episode #16 — Dark UX Patterns: Deep and Philosophical Discussion with Doug Collins and Pavel Samsonov
Thank you so much for tuning in! Do we have something awesome for you! We got together with Doug Collins and Pavel Samsonov late last night to chat about Dark UX Patterns since these things have been getting out of hand lately and they are not always necessarily black and white. We have a lot of research based insights from Doug and rather interesting philosophical thoughts from Pavel. We really hope you enjoy it!
All other platforms (Google, Overcast, etc)
Here are some of the materials that have been mentioned in our conversation:
- Examples of dark UX confirm shaming — https://confirmshaming.tumblr.com/
- Senate bill — https://twitter.com/MarkWarner/status/1115660831969153025
- Hotel booking study — https://behavioralscientist.org/consumers-are-becoming-wise-to-your-nudge/
- Shining a Light on Dark Patterns — https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3431205
- Fake numbers behind dark UX techniques — https://twitter.com/OphirHarpaz/status/1184486445039411201
- Tweet about preserving user trust — https://twitter.com/hober/status/1134509819937906688
PS If you enjoy listening to this podcast, please consider leaving a 5 star review on the platform of your choice. It would mean a lot to me and it will also help get these valuable conversations to reach more people out there.